- Health Screenings
- Improving With Age
- Special Events
- Living Well
- Children and Teens
- Healthy Families
- Journey To Better Health
- Babies and New Parents
Community Health Worker Training Program
The Community Health Worker Training Program is accredited by the Maryland Department of Health, administered by HCGH's Community Care Team (CCT), and taught by a diverse team of community health experts.
The 14-15 week training includes 117 hours of online and virtual real-time sessions as well as a few in-person modules. Students may choose to participate in a 40-hour field practicum facilitated by the CCT or complete their own practicum at an approved site of their choosing. Class times will vary depending on the session.
2020 cohort schedule below. Register for the first date of the cohort.
March cohort = March 22-June 25, Registration closes March 8
September cohort = Sept. 1-Dec. 17, Registration closes August 18
The curriculum will focus on nine core competencies:
1. Advocacy and community capacity building skills
2. Effective oral and written communication skills
3. Cultural competency
4. Understanding of ethics and confidentiality issues
5. Knowledge of local resources and system navigation
6. Care coordination support skills
7. Teaching skills to promote healthy behavior
8. Outreach methods and strategies
9. Understanding of public health concepts and health literacy
Learners must complete all module activities, pass an objective knowledge assessment and complete a case study presentation to be certified.
The training is open to anyone in the community 18 years and older who has a high school diploma or GED.
Class size will be limited to 12 learners. Course content will be hosted on the Microsoft Teams platform.
Cancellation policy: To receive a refund, registrants must submit a request for cancellation at least 2 weeks before the first day of class.